- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 12-07-2015
The Great Debate - Coffee vs. Tea
Author: Amanda Fuller
Have you ever wondered what’s better for you… coffee or tea? Well we did a little comparison here and here’s what we found:
Coffee, which is slightly higher in caffeine, has been known to fight the following diseases and/or conditions:
- Skin cancer
- Cirrhosis of the liber
- Heart disease
- Endometrial cancer
- Liver & colorectal cancer
Along with fighting many diseases, coffee can have many other positive effects on the body. Here are some benefits:
- Blocks an inhibitory transmitter in the brain which leads to stimulant effect
- Boosts energy levels, mood and many aspects of the brain function
- Caffeine can increase fat burning and boost metabolic rate
- Caffeine increases adrenaline levels and releases fatty acids. This leads to physical performance improvements
- Contains several nutrients, such as riboflavin, pantothenic acid, manganese, potassium, magnesium and niacin
- Relaxes the lungs’ airways which helps with asthma
- Constricts the blood vessels in the brain which can decrease chances of migraines
Tea, although it is lower in caffeine, is filled with antioxidants and has many potential cancer-fighting properties as well. Tea contains antioxidants, catechins and polyphenols which positively impact the body. Tea has been known to help fight the following diseases and/or conditions, as well:
- Heart disease
Besides merely fighting off diseases, tea can have many other positive impacts on the body as well. Here are some of them:
- Lowers cholesterol
- Blindness prevention
- Reduced cortisol levels
- Decreases inflammation in the body
- Increased memory, focus and concentration
- Acts as an anti-allergen
- Decreased risk of dementia
As you can see, whether you’re drinking coffee or tea, there are many benefits to both. Coffee may contain more caffeine than tea, but they both help fight diseases and many other conditions that can negatively affect your body. Whether you’re drinking white, green or black tea or coffee always be sure to drink in moderation. Remember to stay hydrated and that too much caffeine can affect your sleeping habits. Adding sweeteners and milk and/or cream can also add unnecessary calories to your drinks. Moderation is key and drinking coffee or tea naturally will be more beneficial to your health. If you’re looking for something sweeter, you can always add some natural sweeteners such as honey or agave nectar to your beverages. Cheers!
Please add a comment to Share your story and experience with us.
Or visit our Pacific Beach Chiropractic Center at
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.